me at the boothWhile there, I had a chance to visit the mall and famed reflecting pool. It was so interesting to see these bits of our history. We saw the Washington and Lincoln monuments and memorials for World War II, Vietnam and Korean wars. Vietnam especially was moving, as the sheer amount of names that are engraved on that wall is almost overwhelming. And the new WWII memorial made me so proud of my grandfather, who fought in that war. I’m very grateful for all the sacrifices that honorable men and women have made for our country.
Korean War memorialAlso, I got a peek at the FDR monument as well, which was especially amazing. I would have loved having him for a president. His memorial consisted of 3 different sections, one representing each of his terms in office. Below are pictures of quotes he made while in office. Yep, FDR and I see eye to eye on pretty much everything. It’s amazing how even though so much time has passed, so many of these quotes still apply to important issues today.






The one on war is kind of cut off, but I still wanted to include it. It says,“I HAVE SEEN WAR
I have seen war on land and sea. I have seen blood running from the wounded… I have seen the dead in the mud. I have seen cities destroyed… I have seen children starving. I have seen the agony of mothers and wives.
I HATE WAR”


No comments:
Post a Comment