Ok, so yeah our flower beds have been looking downright awful for years now. This year we decided to do something about it. Trying not to take on too much at once, we tore into the smallest of the three beds.
I used some of George Bush's money to buy a little Troy Built tiller that I'm VERY proud of. You can see that I'm absolutely beaming in this photo. You'd be surprised what that little sucker can do to some east Tennessee red clay!
I'm not sure we knew exactly what we were doing but it was enjoyable. We planted two Moonshadow shrub thingers, two Hastas, two Plantain Lillies, four Sweet Potato Vines, and two Double Knockout Roses.
This is what the finished product looked like. I don't know what Lowes does to the roses to make them bloom like that, but the blooms fell off almost instantly and have only now, a month or so later, started to slowly come back. We thought the purple and green of the hastas and sweet potato vine would look cool together; I dunno. I guess we'll find out how well all of this will spread out. It might turn into a big ol' mess for all we know.
Heres a shot from yesterday. The vine has really taken off. We've been keeping them watered daily but the roses are being stubborn. Apparently in a years time the things can grow like crazy. We also planted four rhododendrons along the side fence line. I'd like to thank the Bush Administration for making this garden possible. If only I could afford to keep gas in the tiller...
No comments:
Post a Comment